As you may have already understood, Alyvix 3 is coming! 🙂 Our R&D team has decided to organize different kickoff meetings, in order to really show how Alyvix 3 will look like. I want to keep you updated, sharing with you some insights and some changes that will take place in the next months – or already did.
Alyvix first kickoff meeting
The first meeting had three main goals:
- Showing Alyvix 2, starting from its core functionalities;
- Explaining the main reasons that led to Alyvix 3;
- Introducing some info about Alyvix 3.
… Showing Alyvix 2, starting from its core functionalities
Alyvix is able to measure the end-user experience, synthesizing end-user consuming applications. Briefly: we monitor transaction waiting times, caring about latencies of network applications and streamed applications, proprietary clients. In the following pictures, you can see a taste of Alyvix 2 design:
… Explaining the main reasons that led to Alyvix 3
Alyvix 2 has some restrictions and we are going to list some of them – not all of them, everyone has dirty laundry ;):
- No editable keyword name;
- No duplicable keywords;
- Multitype keywords;
- No guided test case building;
- No natural Alyvix GUI integration;
- Test cases are not duplicable;
- No standard output integration;
- No test case scheduling;
- Test cases can’t be auto distributed.
In addition to those restrictions, Alyvix is written in Python 2, a programming language that is going to die in 2020.
… Introducing some info about Alyvix 3
- EDITOR (designer, object and editor)
- ROBOT AND ENGINE