Alyvix kickoff meeting – August
The first meeting had three main goals:
- Showing Alyvix 2, starting from its core functionalities;
- Explaining the main reasons that led to Alyvix 3;
- Introducing some info about Alyvix 3.
… Showing Alyvix 2, starting from its core functionalities
Alyvix is able to measure the end-user experience, synthesizing end-user consuming applications. Briefly: we monitor transaction waiting times, caring about latencies of network applications and streamed applications, proprietary clients. In the following pictures, you can see a taste of Alyvix 2 design:
… Explaining the main reasons that led to Alyvix 3
Alyvix 2 has some restrictions and we are going to list some of them – not all of them, everyone has dirty laundry ;):
- No editable keyword name;
- No duplicable keywords;
- Multitype keywords;
- No guided test case building;
- No natural Alyvix GUI integration;
- Test cases are not duplicable;
- No standard output integration;
- No test case scheduling;
- Test cases can’t be auto distributed.
In addition to those restrictions, Alyvix is written in Python 2, a programming language that is going to die in 2020.
… Introducing some info about Alyvix 3
First, our R&D team rewrote Alyvix in Python 3. It was hard work… But it had to be done! Therefore, you’re probably wondering… How will Alyvix UX change? Well, many things are going to change… but we’ll spoil only some of them 🙂 As you can see in the pictures, Alyvix will be composed of several parts:
- EDITOR (designer, object and editor)
- ROBOT AND ENGINE